Everest Base Camp 2011 • 11/7/2011
Hello again, and thank you for following the Summits of Hope 2011 Everest Base Camp Expedition.
Our team is safe and happy - but still in Lukla awaiting a flight out. The good news is that the weather has started to clear, and there have been several flights in and out of the tiny airstrip over the last 12 hours. It sounds like everyone is in great spirits, exploring Lukla, laughing and sharing stories of past Summits of Hope adventures (at Gord's and my expense, no doubt!!).
At this point, there is a chance that the team will have the opportunity to fly out on Tuesday (Monday night Vancouver time), so long as the weather holds. Because we have extra "weather days" built into our itinerary, flights home will hopefully remain unchanged. This flight out is not guaranteed, but our fingers are crossed.
Our local outfitters and guides have been excellent (and tireless) in their efforts to keep our team as close to the top of the "next flights out" list as possible.
We will keep you updated as anything develop, but until then - fingers crossed for continued clear weather.
Thanks for your support -
Summits of Hope
We use several sites to monitor weather in Lukla - but this one seems best: